What is Confidant Consulting?
Confidant Consulting is a Canadian small business, incorporated federally and in the province of Ontario. The owner and president is Richard McDonald, who has retired from a second full-time career and is now consulting, part-time, to government and business.
The Oxford dictionary defines confidant as “A person with whom one shares a secret or private matter, trusting them not to repeat it to others.”
I chose this title to offer to be a person with whom you can discuss concerns and sensitive information, and from whom you can receive discreet and confidential advice; and to emphasize decades’ experience in various executive roles, experience in coaching and mentoring, and years’ experience in Top-Secret Security and Intelligence agencies (proving ability to safeguard secrets and exercise discretion).
How Can I Help You?
I am available for short- and medium-term contracting, offering consulting and advisory services on topics such as
- Technology and Information Management
- Organization design
- Project management
- Hiring boards and competition coaching
I am a retired Assistant Deputy Minister, most recently serving as Chief Information Officer of a Canadian intelligence agency.
- 43 years in technology industries and government including:
- 3 as an independent consultant
- 35 in management
- 27 at executive level
- 17 at EX level (EX-2 to EX-4) in government
- 6 at ADM level in government
- 17 years in Intelligence agencies
- Top-Secret cleared
- Managed IT security in 4 different organizations
- Independent consultant in Cyber Security for 3 years
- Information Management
- Procurement, Outsourcing, and Public-Private Partnership
- Technology strategy
- Project management
- Staffing, staff development, Mentoring
- International expatriate experience
- International partnerships
- Training and coaching
- Public speaking
- Product management
- Product development
I hold the following degrees, diplomas, and certifications.
|Bachelor of Science (Honours), Computer Science||University of Manitoba||1978|
|Master of Science, Computer Science||University of Manitoba||1979|
|Master of Business Administration||Queen’s University||1998|
|Diploma, Professional Photography||New York Institute of Photography||2015|
|Certificate, Graphic Design||New York Institute of Art and Design||2019|
A more detailed “project-oriented” résumé is available, normally supplied as part of a procurement bidding process.
|IASSC Certified Green Belt, Lean Six Sigma|
|IASSC Certified Black Belt, Lean Six Sigma|